As compact eco-friendly incubators go, the Brinsea Mini Eco Hatcher has great value for money. It brings amazing performance levels, convenience, and sophistication to egg hatching, as any poultry enthusiast will confirm. It also affords you great environmental control. This is the smallest egg incubator on the open market that displays precise proportional electronic temperature control.
Visibility & Accessibility
- The clear and transparent 360-degree lid makes visibility a welcome advantage.
- You do not need even to lift the lid. You can see the eggs inside and make quick changes in any emergency.
- Egg hatching and rearing beginners and even children can learn to use this product to great effect.
Decent Holding Capacity & Outstanding Temperature Control
- The Brinsea Mini Eco Hatcher can hold ten eggs (or equivalent) at any one session and it relies on quality temperature control mechanisms to result in healthy hatch sessions. An electronic temperature control performs this role to perfection.
- In addition to fine-tuning the temperature as you see fit, you can use the built-in liquid-glass thermometer to monitor the temperature based on factory settings. The temperature factory preset is at 99.5 F and comes with tamper-proof adjustments.
- A flashing indicator makes it easy for you to know what is happening inside the incubator and whether or not you need to increase or decrease the current temperature setting.
Humidity Is Top Notch
- Central water reservoirs take care of water supply and conversion for egg development.
- Operating at low voltage you can see how this incubator is green oriented.
- Mains (adapters) are supplied along with this product for your safe use and convenience.
(Read ‘Downsides’ to learn something more about humidity in this incubator).
When it comes to egg development, all eggs are considered. However not all incubators can handle differences. Diverse eggs need diverse settings and only some products in the range can handle it. The Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator is a fine example of adaptability. It can incubate and hatch reptile eggs. And it does not require any egg turning where reptile eggs are concerned.
Cleaning & Durability
- A hygienic ABS construction makes cleaning a simple task. Essentially based on polyurethane, the material is nonconductive and has good abrasion resistance, including chemical and UV radiation resistance.
- Other external factors that the Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator comes prepared to handle are oil, weather, sundry chemicals, ozone, and electricity. This certainly adds to the durability levels.
- Despite being small this surprisingly sophisticated incubator can last many years and has high durability statistics. However, if you are looking to upgrade it from a Mini Eco to a Mini Advance EX, that is not feasible.
With Biomaster certification, you can see 99.9% bacterial growth reduction, guaranteeing safety for eggs, chicks (and other fowl species) and human beings alike. Note: Most unexplained hatching failures are attributed to disease. The Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator’s Biomaster stamp confirms that the hatching process is safe from microbial transfer by cross contamination.
- Always use the water pot guard in the incubator.
- Very small chicks like quails can be at risk from drowning if you have not put up the guard.
- As extra precaution, you can use small pebbles or marbles inside each water pot before the eggs hatch; this greatly reduces risk.
- However, the evaporation of the water is not reduced if the level is set at just above the pebbles.
One of the major disadvantages of the Brinsea Mini Eco is that it has no automatic humidity control. Provided solely by water trays that you have to manually keep topped off, water is converted into humidity and used to hatch the eggs. There is no automatic egg turner feature either, but that is to be expected with such a small incubator. All eggs in the Brinsea Mini Eco needed to turned manually for even incubation. Do not put in more eggs than permitted or allowed (a maximum of 7 eggs). Although that ‘one more egg’ will indeed fit, the chick can get almost completely dry and, due to lack of even incubation, die. It is best to be patient and wait it out. This is after all, one of the smallest incubators in the Brinsea range.
From an enviable Biomaster certificate that guarantees hygiene, to a durable ABS construction going into its design, the Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator is as tough as it is adaptable. Capable of working with a range of different egg types, the product also has adjustable quality temperature control mechanisms.