From simple but high quality design features, and incorporating the tough insulated cabinet of the Octagon 20 Advance model, this incubator product uses outstanding electronic temperature control to enhance hatching efficiency.
Capable of incubating different poultry ranges and other egg species with no unnecessary hassle, the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator is an ideal choice for budget conscious poultry rearers and hobbyists. The fact that it has no humidity measurement control only adds to the user-friendly operation mechanics of this incubator device.
- Fan assisted air circulation makes for excellent oxygen distribution throughout the incubator chamber, increasing chances of healthy embryo development and hatching success.
- An insulated design structure promotes optimal temperature distribution and encourages low energy consumption.
- The proportional band electronic temperature control feature is as simple as it is precise.
- The cabinet is easy to clean and deters the growth of bacteria, rendering it quite hygienic.
- 24 chicken eggs or equivalent can be accommodated during any one session of incubation in the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO.
- The clear lid of the incubator make clear and easy viewing a dream come true.
- You can rely on the temperature factory preset (99.5 F). It is equipped with tamper proof adjustment settings.
- A modern but accurate liquid in glass thermometer and flashing temperature indicator add to the incredible convenience of this incubator product from Brinsea.
The Cabinet – Spacious & Practical
Injection moulded using high quality yellow ABS material, you can certainly appreciate the durability and easy to clean nature of the cabinet’s design. Insulation to prevent heat loss is thanks to a cabinet base that is double skinned and foam filled. This is how the incubator even displays enhanced temperature distribution with lower electricity consumption. With the cabinet top transparent, you get clear views of what is going on inside the incubator chamber. Good chick visibility is no longer a problem.
Egg Handling Capabilities – Reasonable & Speedy
The Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator has a removable tray that comes equipped with dividers, making it possible for you to safely place eggs inside the incubator.
- You can reposition these dividers to suit the type of egg involved. This means you have the option to maximise the number of eggs held inside the incubator. Small eggs like those of finches or even large ones like those belonging to geese can be equally accommodated.
- Make use of the specification table that comes along with this product to understand capacity guides for a variety of different egg species.
- As the incubator gently rocks from side to side, egg turning takes place with ease and scientific accuracy. The octagonal cabinet ends make this process safe; the eggs will not crack or be shaken too hard.
- You can choose to handle the eggs and their turning twice a day manually. Or you can resort to the incubator’s Auto-Turn Cradle that performs the needful on an hourly basis.
The Control System – The Heart of the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO
- Using one of its key components, namely the proportional band electronic controller, the Octagon 20 ECO efficiently regulates temperature and keeps settings accurate.
- A tamper-proof adjustment enhances safety and promotes temperature consistency.
- A scientifically modernized liquid in glass thermometer helps monitor the temperature.
- To know that the incubation temperature is under control, you have a flashing indicator light for your convenience.
Ventilation & Humidity – A Crucial Incubation Element
A long life computer-grade fan is responsible for air circulation, and it works exceptionally well. A specialized grill design comes equipped with an optimised air diffuser that results in outstandingly even air temperature inside the egg chamber. A vent slider regulates the intake of fresh air. Two reservoirs inside the cabinet base hold water used to create humidity inside the incubator.
- It is sometimes difficult to sanitize the lid. The dividers have sometimes shown to be difficult to install.
- The automatic egg turner needs regular maintenance to function at optimum levels.
- The thermometer does not have a preset option.
- The product is quite small considering it is supposed to hold 24 LF eggs.
- You will need to invest in a good hygrometer to make the most of humidity in this incubator product.
Accommodating 24 eggs at one time, you can also reposition dividers to hold different egg types. The Octagon 20 ECO also has tamper-proof temperature adjustment settings, clean injection moulded ABS design, and insulation to prevent heat loss. Add several modern features to these and you have yourself a remarkable incubator.