Combining simplicity and quality, the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO can handle a variety of egg types and comes in two product versions – you have the automatic egg turner incubator and the manual alternative. We are going to take a look at the latter.
Table of Contents
Prominent Features of the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Manual Turn Incubator
- An insulted cabinet means better air circulation and flow through the chamber. In addition, the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO shows some of the most consistent temperature results of incubators in its product type and range.
- An electronic temperature controller brings one of the smartest most practical touches to this incubator product. A flashing indicator accompaniment adds to the convenience.
- Injection moulded from high grade ABS the incubator cabinet is both durable and simple to clean. It has a non-thermal foam construction.
- Forced fan air brings ample service where air circulation is concerned. This regulates consistent heat distribution.
- You can change the preset temperature using the internal adjustment settings. However, if you wish to stick to the preset you will find the incubator does an excellent job at 99.5 degrees F.
Best In Temperature
Designed with tamper-proof adjustment, the amazingly precise electronic temperature controller keeps temperature settings steady inside the incubator chamber. A flashing light indicator makes things easy for you to realize what is going on inside the incubator concerning temperature. Monitoring everything is a modern liquid in glass thermometer.
The Incubator Cabinet Is Equal Parts Practical & Aesthetic
- When you read the words high grade ABS and injection moulded you can bet the product is durable and extremely easy to clean.
- A foam filled and double skinned base removes all chances of heat loss, which in turn means apt electricity consumption.
- The Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Manual Turn Egg Incubator is therefore energy efficient.
- With a clear top you can see the eggs and/or hatched chicks clearly inside the chamber. This adds to the ease and convenience.
High Quality Air Circulation
A long life computer-grade fan caters to air circulation. A grill (which is unique to the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO) comes equipped with an optimized air diffuser. This means enhanced heat distribution and even air temperature inside the incubator chamber. A vent slider controls or regulates fresh airflow. Water in two reservoirs provides a good source of humidity. These troughs are in the base of the product.
Versatile Egg Accommodation
With removable egg trays that come equipped with dividers, you can re-position them to accommodate different egg sizes. This veritably maximizes the number of eggs that you can place inside the storage unit of the incubator. While eggs of any size can be taken in, their size will determine how many eggs can go into one incubation session. For instance, observations have shown that the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO can hold 12 goose eggs, 24 medium hen eggs, or 60 quail eggs.
Manual Egg Turning
The device is designed with octagonal ends, hence the name. Simply rocking the unit from side to side will manually shift the eggs around the incubation chamber and turn them, so to speak. Perform this process manually twice a day. Similarity Note: This is the manual egg turner version of the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO. The Octagon 20 Eco Auto Turn Cradle can be purchased separately and installed in this model to auto turn eggs; it does so every hour.
The water pot can be a danger hazard to small chicks like quails because they could drown in it. So add a few marbles or pebbles to each water pot to help cut that risk so the chicks can get back out, or at least they will not drown. Maintain water levels in the water pots to just above the pebbles. This way the evaporation of the water is not reduced.
A flashing temperature indicator adds to the convenience as well as a conventional but accurate liquid in a glass thermometer. With a factory preset set at 99.5 F and tamper proof adjustment, temperature settings are extremely reliable and easy. The high-grade ABS make of the incubator adds durability and cleanliness. Two water reservoirs provide humidity. This version of the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO is a manual egg turner. You can get yourself the accessory for auto egg turning. The Octagon 20 is an ace incubator that brings something quite special to your rearing and hatching requirements.