A neat and practical kit comprising the HovaBator Deluxe Egg incubator, fan kit, egg turner, and digital thermometer/hygrometer, this product is an all in one deal for any poultry hatcher and enthusiast. In addition to being ingeniously compact, the HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo Kit brings a specialized set of options for you to use.
- The HovaBator 1602N egg incubator, which is the main component. This is where the eggs are placed for the process to take it through incubation.
- A digital thermometer and hygrometer to measure temperature and humidity respectively.
- A forced air fan kit to ensure optimum air circulation inside the incubator.
- The IncuTurn™ Automatic Egg Turner, which keeps you from manually turning the eggs. This component eliminates delay and hassle while encouraging good embryo development and enhanced hatching success.
Excellent Temperature Regulation & Control
With the thermometer and snap action thermostat that comes along with this combo kit incubator product, you can see remarkable consistency. In fact, in combination with the fan, hygrometer, and design (all of which you will read about in this review) the temperature is always spot on and is the most reliable facet of this product.
Efficient Design Idea
The sanitary liner with moisture rings built right in is a great addition to any incubator; the HovaBator Deluxe has this working for it.
- Durable Styrofoam goes into the primary design of the incubator. It is in large part responsible for warmth retention and maintaining a steady temperature.
- There are two 5” x 4” viewing windows. Not only are these great for educational purposes for little kids, they also help the poultry enthusiast or professional gain adequate sight range into the incubator to see what is going on.
- The HovaBator Deluxe is so easy to clean; it is also dishwasher safe.
While the HovaBator Deluxe is the 110V version, you can readily find a voltage converter for 220/240V (plug in adapters), which is more ideal for this incubator.
The product comes equipped with universal size egg trays that can hold large or small eggs. Small rails on the design frame help you adjust sizes to suit varied eggs, from duck, bandy, and emu to quail (rails for quail eggs are not included), chicken, and turkey. Even reptile eggs can be used. The rails and trays can fit 41 eggs in ine incubation session.
Auto Egg Turner
- The auto egg-turning feature is outstanding and quite a lot of thought has gone into its making.
- It turns the eggs six times a day instead of the standard two, making it outstanding where heat distribution and incubation are concerned.
- Note of caution: Geese eggs are too big for automatic turning. If you are incubating geese eggs, the incubator does a great job with them but you will need to turn the eggs manually a few times each day.
New & Improved Circulated Air Fan Kit
- Any variations in temperature inside the incubator chamber can cause lasting effects on the eggs developing inside.
- Whatever heat rises naturally (and it will) it has to be circulated from hot areas to cool and so on until a consistent temperature environment is attained.
- This is primarily possible thanks to the fan kit that comes with the HovaBator Deluxe. It promotes uniform temperatures to beget better hatch results.
- The fan is therefore directly responsible for the proper functioning of one more component, namely the thermostat.
- For said thermostat to cycle on and off at all the correct times, not simply when the air around it cools or heats, a consistent temperature (thanks to the fan kit) is required.
This may sound a bit complicated to assemble and wield but simple and complete instructions are available along with this incubator’s purchase; plus the fact that the combo kit gives you all the connectors needed for fan installation.
Digital Thermometer & Hygrometer
Batteries will be needed to work this component; it is after all digital. Wonderfully enough, batteries are included in the combo kit. A Min/Max Memory (to record minimum and maximum humidity and temperature levels) feature brings immense convenience to THE digital readout meter. The measurement range (handles both Celsius and Fahrenheit) for both temperature and humidity is wider and the readings are precise to a fault. There is even a flip-out stand for this component.
Capable of working on battery power in the event that the power fails, the HovaBator Deluxe has a clean design with Styrofoam make that adds to the lightweight nature of this product. Heat distribution is even and temperature regulation is almost perfect.